Why is it so prestigious? Why is its scent so evocative?
Discover the uniqueness of the finest Truffle at the International Fair
TOUR PROPOSAL 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS:
- 2 nights in a double room in a selected accommodation facility, buffet breakfast included
- 1 dinner in a characteristic restaurant
- 1 visit to a Barbaresco winery with tasting
- 1 visit to a small cheese producer in the Alta Langa with tasting
- 1 local cookery course in a homely setting with professional chef and equipment, preparing a complete traditional set menu and followed by dinner with the dishes prepared
- Visit of a small local factory producing Truffle delicacies with tasting
- 1 Truffle hunting excursion in the woods with the “Trifolau” and his dog
- 1 admission to the Truffle Market in Alba - International Alba White Truffle Fair
- 1 guided visit to Alba town centr
For min. 2 people
Arrival in the Unesco hills in the afternoon, check-in at the chosen accommodation facility. Local cookery course in the homely setting: preparation of a traditional menu to discover the roots of our local food & wine culture, picking up some of the secrets behind the flavours and ingredients from an expert cook and dinner with the dishes prepared. Overnight stay.
After a rich breakfast, visit to a well-known wine cellar with tasting. Transfer to Alta Langa, where the landscape becomes wilder and the vineyards make way for woods, fields and hazelnut groves. Visit to a small traditional cheese producer: pasture, sheepfold, milking room, cheese making process, ageing. Tasting lunch with the cheese maker. In the afternoon, simulated Truffle Hunting Excursion in the woods, with a “Trifolau” Truffle hunter and his dog; then visit of a local factory producing Truffle specialties with tasting. Dinner in a selected characteristic restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast and check-out, meeting with the guide in Alba, the “Capital” of Langhe hills, for a guided visit to the historical centre among medieval towers, Liberty buildings, elegant boutiques and historical cafés. The city hosts the International Alba White Truffle Fair with the Truffle Market, where the Truffle Hunters sell their precious underground mushrooms certified by a quality commission. Departure.