A charming trip to relax and enjoy great wines and the precious Alba White Truffle
October and November 2017
TOUR PROPOSAL 5 DAYS/4 NIGHTS:
- 4 nights in a selected deluxe / charming hotel, breakfast and daily free access to the Spa included
- 2 lunches in selected elegant restaurants
- 1 lunch in a characteristic country Agriturismo with Truffle tasting
- 1 lunch and 1 dinner in Michelin-starred restaurants
- 3 dinners in selected elegant restaurants
- 4 visits to highly prized local wineries in Barolo, Barbaresco, Roero and Asti Spumante areas, with wine tasting
- Alba White Truffle hunting excursion with a selected truffle-hunter and his dog
- Admission to the Truffle Market in Alba - International Alba White Truffle Fair
- Admission and guided visit to the prestigious Grinzane Cavour Castle
For min. 2 people
Arrival in Langhe Monferrato Roero hills and check-in in a deluxe / charming hotel, lunch in the inner elegant restaurant. Guided visit to an “Underground Cathedral”, Unesco Site, with tasting of Asti Spumante sparkling wine. Dinner in an elegant restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, the day begins visiting the Barbaresco wine area: visit of a well-known cellar, with tasting. Lunch in a panoramic Michelin-starred restaurant. Departure for the Barolo wine area. Visit to an historical Barolo cellar, to meet the fascinating world of the Barolo wine production with wine tasting. Departure for Alba, to visit the International Alba White Truffle Fair with the Truffle Market (only on Saturdays and Sundays), where the “Trifolau” (truffle hunters) sell their precious “jewels”. Stroll in the historical centre, among elegant boutiques, medieval monuments and historical cafés. Dinner in an elegant restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, departure for an exciting Truffle hunting excursion looking for the prestigious Alba White Truffle with the truffle-hunter and his dog. Lunch in a characteristic Agriturismo with Truffle tasting. In the afternoon, guided visit to the impressive medieval castle in Grinzane Cavour, one of the symbols of Langhe hills, where the exclusive “World Alba White Truffle Charity Auction” takes place every year in November. Dinner in an elegant restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, departure for the Roero area to enjoy a wine experience in a picturesque cellar. Lunch in a charming restaurant. In the afternoon, departure for Alba for shopping time! For the last evening, dinner in an exclusive Michelin-starred restaurant. Overnight stay.
After breakfast and check-out, free time and departure.